Department of Information Science and Technologies
Department of Information Science and Technologies (DIST) is active in research and teaching in the following areas of theoretical and applied computer sciences:
• formal languages, automata, computability,
• data structures and algorithms
• optimization methods, approximate methods, NP hard problems,
• intelligent systems, data mining and machine learning,
• identifying, analyzing and understanding patterns and statistical modeling,
• computer security and biometrics technology.
Employees of the Department are actively involved in educational process of the Faculty of Mathematics, science and information technology, where the implementation of the diploma holders of master's and doctoral program in computer science and informatics, is still involved in the implementation of educational programs in some other fields of study at the University of Primorska.
Head of the Department. is Janez Žibert, PhD.